Consider this page a colophon of sorts. When you build a blog from the ground up on your own server, the optional pieces to make it work perfectly are not a matter of clicking a box on a hosted blog, such as wordpress.com. You need to go find the pieces, install, and configure them, usually with multiple trial-and-error runs. Here are some of the pieces that make this WordPress blog rock!
Yes, the content management system (CMS) that makes all the content play nice together. Whether it be written at a desktop or a cell phone or sourced from other platforms, WordPress organizes and formats it for nearly every possible visitor opportunity. I have flip-flopped around between WordPress and Movable Type and Blogger, but I always come back to self-hosting my own WordPress. My Sediments Exactly is currently running WordPress 4.2.2.
Theme and Elements
The theme currently in use here at My Sediments Exactly is a child theme based upon Twenty Fifteen.
Unless otherwise credited, the content found on My Sediments Exactly is created by the author of the post. Unless explicitly stated, the locally created content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The plugin writers are the true unsung heroes behind the WordPress world. Sure, without the active developer community for WordPress itself, they would not have the framework to build upon, but they expand and extend the basics into something even more special. Special tip of the hat to Davide Benini for the Plugins List plugin to list plugins - now that is a mouthful. 😛 Give him 5 stars if you like it on the official WP Plugins List page.
- About.me Widget by about.me.
- Akismet by Automattic.
- AP HoneyPot by Artprima.
- Artiss Draft List by David Artiss.
- Artiss Plugins List by David Artiss.
- AutoBlog by WPMU DEV.
- Bloginfo Shortcode by Jay Fortner.
- Cloner by WPMU DEV.
- Countdown Timer by Andrew Ferguson.
- Crayon Syntax Highlighter by Aram Kocharyan.
- Custom Background Extended by Justin Tadlock.
- Elegant Builder by Elegant Themes.
- Elegant Themes Updater by Elegant Themes.
- ET Shortcodes by Elegant Themes.
- Font Awesome Icons by Rachel Baker.
- Google Analytics + by WPMU DEV.
- Google XML Sitemaps by Arne Brachhold.
- HipChat2 by Jim Metzger.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com by Automattic.
- Last.fm RPS by Taha Paksu.
- Orbisius Child Theme Creator by Svetoslav Marinov (Slavi).
- Page Links To by Mark Jaquith.
- Shortcode Exec PHP by Marcel Bokhorst.
- Simple Page Ordering by Jake Goldman, 10up.
- Theme Authenticity Checker (TAC) by builtBackwards.
- Visual Form Builder by Matthew Muro.
- WordPress Importer by wordpressdotorg.
- WP-Syntax by Steven A. Zahm.
- wp-Typography by Jeffrey D. King.
- WP Crontrol by Edward Dale & John Blackbourn.
- WPMU DEV Dashboard by WPMU DEV.
- WP Remote by Human Made Limited.