Consider this page a colophon of sorts. When you build a blog from the ground up on your own server, the optional pieces to make it work perfectly are not a matter of clicking a box on a hosted blog, such as wordpress.com. You need to go find the pieces, install, and configure them, usually with multiple trial-and-error runs. Here are some of the pieces that make this WordPress blog rock!
Yes, the content management system (CMS) that makes all the content play nice together. Whether it be written at a desktop or a cell phone or sourced from other platforms, WordPress organizes and formats it for nearly every possible visitor opportunity. I have flip-flopped around between WordPress and Movable Type and Blogger, but I always come back to self-hosting my own WordPress. My Sediments Exactly is currently running WordPress 3.5.1.
Theme and Elements
The theme currently in use here at My Sediments Exactly is Atahualpa by BytesForAll. I am currently making revisions to the look and feel of the theme, as well as the web site in general, as I described in this posting.
Unless otherwise credited, the content found on My Sediments Exactly is created by the author of the post. Unless explicitly stated, the locally created content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The plugin writers are the true unsung heroes behind the WordPress world. Sure, without the active developer community for WordPress itself, they would not have the framework to build upon, but they expand and extend the basics into something even more special. Special tip of the hat to Davide Benini for the Plugins List plugin to list plugins (now that is a mouthful ). Give him 5 stars if you like it on the official WP Plugins List page.
- About.me Widget by about.me.
- Ad Injection by reviewmylife.
- Ad Logger by reviewmylife.
- Advanced Post List by EkoJr.
- Akismet by Automattic.
- AP HoneyPot by Art Prima.
- Artiss Plugins List by David Artiss.
- AuthorSure by Russell Jamieson.
- Blackbird Pie by Brad Vincent.
- Bloginfo Shortcode by Jay Fortner.
- Broken Link Checker by Janis Elsts.
- Countdown Timer by Andrew Ferguson.
- DeadTrees by John Beales.
- Embed File Type Icons by Jim Metzger.
- Font Awesome Icons by Rachel Baker.
- Google Analyticator by Video User Manuals.
- Google XML Sitemaps by Arne Brachhold.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com by Automattic.
- Last.fm RPS by Taha Paksu.
- My Library by Ross McFarland.
- OpenBook by John Miedema.
- Pinterest "Follow" Button by Phil Derksen.
- Pinterest Pin It Button by Alex Moss.
- Shortcode Exec PHP by Marcel Bokhorst.
- SM Sticky Clicky Star by Seth Carstens & Jeremy Smeltzer.
- Sticky Custom Post Types by Ann Oyama.
- WordPress Importer by wordpressdotorg.
- WP-reCAPTCHA by Jorge Peña.
- WP-Syntax by Steven A. Zahm.
- WP to Twitter by Joseph Dolson.
Last updated byat .