I was watching a video from Elegant Themes about the Extra Posts Module. The presenter mentioned a term I had never heard: evergreen content. I thought that was an interesting way to refer to content that does not lose relevance with age. I found an excellent article describing evergreen content on Buffer. The author also gave three key elements for writing this type of content:
- Be the definitive source.
- Write for beginners.
- Narrow your topic.
He also pointed to an article of how Google highlights In Depth articles in search results. There were also several other articles on the topic that I found helpful about both evergreen content and getting your writing to show up as In Depth:
- Google: Appearing in the “In-depth articles” feature
- Search Engine Watch: Google Highlights In-Depth Articles in Search Results
- Search Engine Watch: A Great Strategy to Create In-Depth Evergreen Content
- Content Marketing Institute: 4 Practical Tips to Win With Evergreen Content